We are seeking a high calibre candidate to join our business as a Data Analyst. The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to develop their skills as a research professional. We will provide you with training to enhance your research and analytical skills and help you with your own professional personal development. You will be working with a small experienced team who are well known throughout the industry. The company conducts research in a range of areas using a wide variety of research techniques: Qualitative Research, Survey Research & Statistical Analysis and Quantitative Analysis & Econometric Modelling.
The candidate must be a graduate with a good honours degree in Statistics, Econometrics or similar. We would prefer to appoint a candidate with some work experience in the field however for an exceptional candidate we will consider a new graduate. The successful candidate will be have excellent numerical skills and the ability to conduct a wide range of different analytical processes, including regression analysis, segmentation and more. The successful candidate should also have good written and verbal skills, confident working in a small team and dealing with senior people internally and externally.
We are a small organisation and the successful candidate will be expected to work across all areas of the business with determination and enthusiasm. Additional skills and interests should be highlighted by the candidate for evaluation in the context of business priorities. Examples might include languages, graphic or web design, blogging, wider social media engagement and the use of Google Analytics or social listening programmes.
Trajectory are an insight and foresight consultancy established in 2008. We use a range of research techniques to analyse social and consumer trends to help our clients (which including organisations in the private, public and third sector) understand how the world is changing.
Our board of directors have a track record of providing strategic advice to major blue chip clients stretching back more than 30 years. Over the last nine years our client credentials have been excellent and we work with clients in several different countries looking at consumer trends across the globe as well as at home in the UK.
We use a range of datasets to achieve this, including our proprietary Global Foresight data (a survey of consumer behaviour in 20 markets) and multiple Time Use datasets, as well as bespoke surveys and publicly available data including Understanding Society and the World Values survey. The successful candidate will work with all these datasets and more.
- Project led and bespoke analysis of research datasets
- Identification of new insights within quantitative data
- Creation of visually appealing outputs based on that data
- Strong numerical skills.
- Experience in various statistical analysis techniques
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong project management and organisational skills (working to deadlines will be crucial to this role).
- Excellent and fluent written and spoken English (candidates invited in for interview will be assessed).
- Good communication and relationship building skills.
- Flexible and willing to work in a busy environment and the ability to take on a wide range of general business tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently as required.
- Good degree in Statistics, Econometrics or similar
- Experience of conducting analysis using SPSS or similar software
- Some experience of: econometric modelling and forecasting, segmentation, regression analysis
- MS Office Literate
- At least 1 years’ work experience in a similar role
- Reports to: Director
- Location: Trajectory, Seventh Floor, 22 Upper Ground, London, SE1 9PD, (Southwark)
- Salary: £23,000-£26,000 (depending on skills and experience)
- Contract: Initial fixed term six month contract (with a view to the role being made permanent upon successful completion of contract).
- Benefits: Season Ticket Loan and 25 days paid holiday per annum
- Hours: 9.30 a.m. – 5.30 p.m
Please submit a CV and covering letter to Carolyn MacLeish at email@example.com